Terms and Conditions
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. DO NOT HAVE TO BE PRESENT TO WIN. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
1. Sweepstakes Period: Sweepstakes begins on Friday, November 22, 2020 at 3:00 p.m. Pacific Standard Time (“PST”) and ends at 11:59 p.m. (PST) on Sunday, March 1, 2020 (the “Sweepstakes Period”).
2. To Enter: There are two ways to enter. First, submit the entry form (Limited to one entry per day) shown above. Second, an entry form will be provided on location of Piaggio Group America’s Events in Canada and US between dates of the sweepstakes period. Events and Online entrants subject to all notices posted online. Limit one online entry per person. Incomplete or mechanically reproduced entries are not eligible and will not be accepted or entered into the Sweepstakes. All entries and requests become Sponsor’s property and will not be returned or acknowledged.
Entry materials/data that have been tampered with or altered, or mass entries or entries generated by a script, macro or use of automated devices are void.
By entering this Sweepstakes, the entrant agrees to these Official Rules and decisions, which are final and binding in all matters relating to the Sweepstakes. Additionally, as relates to this Sweepstakes, entrant also consents to the use of their original entry as well as their name/likeness, to be available to the public, in perpetuity, whether online or in any other form of media, including but not limited to the following: television, film, radio, magazines, internet, or for any and all advertising and promotional purposes. Entrants expressly acknowledge that no compensation shall be given, unless prohibited by law, for either the submission of their original entry or, if selected as a Winner, their participation in any and all forms of future media. Use of entry for any of the purposes previously stated does not in any way constitute Winner status of that entry and should not be interpreted as such. Any entries featured for promotional purposes have the same opportunity of winning as all other entries.
3. Eligibility: Sweepstakes is open to residents of the United States, who are 18 years of age or older. Anyone less than 18 years old is not eligible to enter the Sweepstakes. Employees of Sponsor, Piaggio Group Americas, Inc., and/or their respective partners, affiliates, subsidiaries, contractors, officers, directors, advertising and promotion agencies, employees, or judges (collectively "Sweepstakes Parties") and any other individual or company involved in the development or execution of the Sweepstakes at any time during the Sweepstakes Period, and the immediate family members and/or those living in the same household of each are not eligible to enter or win, nor are entrants who are professional or former professional performers, including, but not limited to members of the Screen Actors Guild (“SAG”) or American Federation of Television and Radio Artists (“AFTRA”), or any other actor’s or performer’s union, or those who have had their work previously published, or who have signed or been bound by a recording or similar contract with a film, television, production, management, or recording company or other third party who represents more than one artist or group. The decision as to whether or not an entrant is/was a professional performer will be within the sole and reasonable discretion of the Sponsor. Furthermore, any entrant who has ever been convicted of a felony will not be eligible.
The Winner must meet eligibility requirements set forth in these rules and sign an affidavit of eligibility and release, as established in Section 4(b) of these rules, in order to qualify for the prize.
4. General Sweepstakes Rules:
(a) All federal, state and local tax liabilities, including sales tax liabilities, as well as any incidental expenses of a prize, if applicable, are the sole responsibility of the Winner. All federal, state and local laws and regulations, as applicable, apply to this Sweepstakes.
(b) The Prize Winner will be required to complete an Affidavit of Eligibility/Release of Liability and, if legally permissible, Publicity Release as a condition to receipt of their prize. Noncompliance within this provision will result in disqualification, and the corresponding prize will be awarded to an alternate winner in a separate random drawing. Acceptance of prize constitutes permission to the sponsors and their agencies to use Winner's name and/or likeness for purposes of advertising and trade without further compensation, unless prohibited by law, as established in Section 2 of these Official Rules.
(c) The Prize is non-transferable and has no cash redemption or equivalent. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize or prize component of equal or greater value should a prize or any component of a prize become unavailable, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion.
(d) Sponsor and Sweepstakes Parties are not responsible for any typographical or other error in the printing, the offering or the administration of the Sweepstakes, or in the announcement of the prize.
(e) By participating in this Sweepstakes, entrants agree to release and hold harmless Sponsor and Sweepstakes Parties (including but not limited to their partners, affiliates, subsidiaries, promotion, fulfillment, judging agents and agencies and each of their respective parent companies, affiliates, subsidiaries, officers, directors, representatives, attorneys, agents and employees), from any and all liability whatsoever for any injuries, losses or damages of any kind, including bodily injury or death, arising from or in connection with, either directly or indirectly, (1) the awarding, acceptance, receipt, possession, use and/or misuse of any prize awarded herein; or (2) participation in the Sweepstakes or any prize related activities, including but not limited to traveling to and from or participating in any prize related activity. Sponsor and Sweepstakes Parties make no representation or warranties concerning the safety of any prize awarded. Winner assumes all liability for any injury or damage which occurs or is caused, or claimed to be caused, by participation in this promotion or use or redemption of the prize.
(f) Sponsor, Sweepstakes Parties, and their respective affiliates, subsidiaries, parent corporations, and their respective officers, directors, shareholders, employees and agents, attorneys, and any and all Internet servers and access provider(s) are not responsible for: any incorrect or inaccurate entry information; human error; technical malfunctions; failures, omission, interruption, deletion, or defect of any telephone network, computer online systems, computer equipment, server providers, or software, including any injury or damage to participant’s or any other person’s computer relating to or resulting from any participation in this Sweepstakes; inability to access websites; theft, tampering, destruction, or unauthorized access to, or alteration of entries; transactions that are processed late or incorrectly or are incomplete or lost due to computer or electronic malfunction or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any web site; printing or human or other errors; and any entries which are late, lost, incomplete, misdirected, stolen, mutilated, or illegible, or any combination thereof. All entries become the property of Sponsor and will not be returned.
(g) Sweepstakes parties and Sponsor may collect your name, address, phone number and e-mail address for purposes of administering your participation in this Sweepstakes. As a result of you entering the Sweepstakes, Sponsor or other Sweepstakes parties may also send you future marketing information from or on behalf of Sponsor or Sweepstakes Parties. Sweepstakes participants will be provided an opportunity to opt out of receipt of this marketing information or from the sharing by Sweepstakes parties or Sponsor of your personal information with our promotional partners or other third parties. We want to assure you that Sponsor is dedicated to protecting your privacy.
(h) Failure to comply with these Official Rules may result in disqualification from the Sweepstakes. Sponsor reserves the right to: (i) permanently disqualify from any Sweepstakes it sponsors any person it believes has intentionally violated these Official Rules; and (ii) withdraw the online method of obtaining an entry form if it becomes technically corrupted, (including if a computer virus or system malfunction inalterably impairs its ability to conduct the Sweepstakes).
5. Verification: The winning entry is subject to verification by Sponsor, whose decisions are final and binding. Only Official entries obtained via the method delineated in Rule #2, hereto, shall be deemed to have been obtained legitimately. Sweepstakes entries which are distributed where prohibited by law or not obtained pursuant to official Sweepstakes rules and procedures will be null and void.
6. Random Drawing/Selection of Winners: A Winner will be selected in a random drawing from all eligible entries received. Random drawing will be conducted at or around 9:00am on Monday, March 2nd, 2020, and will be contacted with procedure in which to redeem Prize. If Winner does not claim the Prize within the stated time period, such entrant will forfeit the prize and another Winner will be selected through the same method.
Grand Prize Winner is solely responsible for complying with any applicable federal, state and/or local laws and regulations applicable to the Vehicle, including without limitation registration requirements and operating restrictions. The Internal Revenue Service requires a Form 1099 MISC to be issued and filed for any prize winner if the annual aggregate value of the prizes received is $600 or more. Contest Organizer will issue a Form 1099 MISC to the Grand Prize Winner for the ARV of the Grand Prize. Federal, State and local taxes are responsibility of each Grand Prize Winner.
If the Prize Winner chooses not to receive any portion of the Prize awarded, said portion of the prize will be forfeited without further compensation. Upon delivery of the Prize to the Winner, Sponsor will be deemed to have awarded the prize to the Winner with the Winner then assuming full responsibility for the prize received.
Winner acknowledges that the Sponsor, its parent companies, affiliates and all other companies concerned with this Sweepstakes and their agents do not make, nor are in any manner responsible for, any warranty, representations, expressed or implied, in fact or in law, relative to the quality, conditions or fitness of any aspects of the Prize.
8. You Have Not Yet Won. All entries have the same chance of winning. No one will know who the winner is until after the Sweepstakes ends
9. Winner's List: For the name of the Prize Winner, send a stamped, self-addressed, #10 envelope to: Piaggio Group Americas Austin MotoGP Giveaway, Attn: Events Department, 257 Park Ave S, 4th Floor, New York, NY, to be received by March 15th , 2020.
10. Choice of Law: Under no circumstances will entrants be permitted to obtain awards for, and entrants hereby waive all rights to claim punitive, incidental or consequential damages, or any other damages, including attorneys’ fees, and entrants further waive all rights to have damages multiplied or increased. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of entrants and Sponsor in connection with this Sweepstakes, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the substantive laws of the State of New York, without regard to conflict of law principles.
11. Legal Warning: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN INDIVIDUAL, WHETHER OR NOT AN ENTRANT, TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE, DESTROY, TAMPER OR VANDALIZE THE WEB SITE OR INTERFERE WITH THE OPERATION OF THE SWEEPSTAKES, IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES AND DILIGENTLY PURSUE ALL REMEDIES AGAINST ANY SUCH INDIVIDUAL TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
12. Sponsor: The Sponsor of this Sweepstakes is Piaggio Group Americas, Inc., 257 Park Ave S, 4th Floor, New York, NY 10010, U.S.A.