The greatest innovations have to do with the Aprilia Tuono V4's on board electronics, that has always been considered as the “best in class”, where the APRC system stands out. Aprilia Performance Ride Control is the patented control suite derived directly from the winning technology in world Superbike, the most complete and refined of those available on the market. The fourth generation of APRC, standard on the Tuono V4 1100,fits in perfectly with the fine electronic management of the new full Ride-by-Wire throttle, that has allowed all superfluous throttle body electronic management components to be eliminated, thereby saving 590 grams. The repositioning of the inertial platform that allows APRC operation has improved accurate detection of the dynamic conditions of the bike, resulting in more efficient electronic control strategies.
The Tuono V4 1100 RR and Tuono V4 1100 Factory APRC include:
- New ATC: Aprilia Traction Control, adjustable on the fly, (without having to release the throttle) to 8 settings thanks to a practical joystick, now has even more fine tuned and higher performance operating logic.
- New AWC: Aprilia Wheelie Control,adjustable to 3 levels, has new, much more precise operating strategies thanks to the repositioning of the inertial platform. Wheelie control can now be adjusted on the fly without closing the throttle, like the ATC, thanks to the new and more practical left side electric block.
- New ALC: Aprilia Launch Control, for use on the track only, with 3 settings, uses even more effective new operating strategies.
- New AQS: Aprilia Quick Shift, the electronic gearbox that allow shifting without closing the throttle and without using the clutch, now with the downshift function as well, to allow clutchless downshifting. Its open-throttle downshifting feature is exclusive.
- New APL: Aprilia Pit Limiter, the system that lets you select and limit the top speed allowed in pit lane at the track or simply to make it easier to comply with posted speed limits on the road.
- New ACC: Aprilia Cruise Control. The new electronic management allows an advanced cruise control system to be introduced, very convenient on longer trips because it lets you maintain the set speed without touching the throttle.
The new Tuono V4 1100 range is fitted with the advanced multimap Cornering ABS system, developed in collaboration with Bosch to guarantee maximum safety on the road, without sacrificing any performance on the track. The 9.1 MP system, with truly contained weight and dimensions, is able to optimize braking and the ABS intervention in corners, thanks to a specific algorithm that constantly monitors various parameters such as lateral acceleration, the pressure applied to the front brake lever, the lean, pitch and yaw angle, modulating the braking action in order to better guarantee the ratio between deceleration and stability. The new ABS system works in unison with the Aprilia RLM (Rear Liftup Mitigation) system that limits the lift of the rear wheel during more abrupt braking. Cornering ABS, fine tuned in accordance with Aprilia's specific indications, is adjustable to 3 levels of sensibility and can be switched off. In order to allow riders with various levels of experience to find the best possible combination, each of the three Cornering ABS maps can be combined with any of the three new engine maps (Sport, Track, Race). The latter are all three “full power” and differ in the way they dole out the 175 HP of which the Aprilia V4 is capable, in addition to the percentage of engine brake dedicated to them.
The color TFT digital instrumentation is also entirely new, with exceptional display options. The two selectable screen pages (Road and Race, both with night and day backlighting) correspond to as many represented indexes. There is an optional new version of the V4-MP, the Aprilia multimedia platform that lets you connect your smartphone to the vehicle, introducing a true corner by corner electronic settings calibration system with data that can subsequently be downloaded to your laptop (or displayed directly on the smartphone screen) for analysis, just like they do at the races. The new V4-MP adds a new connection protocol that reduces smartphone battery consumption to a minimum, in addition to providing a larger range of circuits already mapped in which you can manage the electronic settings corner by corner, as well as user acquisition of a new circuit that is not in the list Aprilia has provided. V4-MP includes the new infotainment system, introduced by Aprilia for the first time on the new Tuono V4, to manage voice commands and incoming/outgoing telephone calls with your smartphone.