The Aprilia RSV4 RR and RF make perfect what was already top shelf in the previous versions thanks to a significant improvement to its already exceptional dynamic controls package designed and patented by Aprilia. APRC (Aprilia Performance Ride Control) is the well known dynamic control suite derived directly from the winning technology in world Superbike, the most complete and refined of those currently available on the market. This progress was possible mainly thanks to the repositioning of the inertial platform that governs the operation, improving accurate detection of the dynamic conditions of the bike, resulting in more efficient electronic control strategies.
The fourth evolution of Aprilia APRC fits in perfectly with the fine electronic management of the new full Ride-by-Wire throttle that has allowed all superfluous throttle body electronic management components to be eliminated, thereby saving 590 grams.
APRC, which comes as standard equipment on the Aprilia RSV4 RR and RF, includes:
- New ATC: Aprilia Traction Control, adjustable on the fly, (without having to release the throttle) to 8 settings thanks to a practical joystick, now has even more fine tuned and higher performance operating logic.
- New AWC: Aprilia Wheelie Control, adjustable to 3 levels, has new, much more precise operating strategies thanks to the repositioning of the inertial platform. Wheelie control can now be adjusted on the fly without closing the throttle, like the ATC, thanks to the new and more practical left side electric block.
- New ALC: Aprilia Launch Control, for use on the track only, with 3 settings, uses even more effective new operating strategies.
- New AQS: Aprilia Quick Shift, the electronic gearbox that allows shifting without closing the throttle and without using the clutch, now with the downshift function as well, to allow clutchless downshifting. Its open-throttle downshifting feature is exclusive.
- New APL: Aprilia Pit Limiter, the system that lets you select and limit the top speed allowed in pit lane at the track or simply to make it easier to comply with posted speed limits on the road.
- New ACC: Aprilia Cruise Control. The new electronic management has allows an advanced cruise control system to be introduced, very convenient on longer trips because it lets you maintain the set speed without touching the throttle.
In addition to the fourth generation APRC system, RSV4 RR and RF come from the factory standard with advanced multimap Cornering ABS, developed in collaboration with Bosch to guarantee not only extreme safety on the road, but also the best possible performance at the circuit. The 9.1 MP system, with truly contained weight and dimensions, is able to optimize braking and the ABS intervention in corners, thanks to a specific algorithm that constantly monitors various parameters such as lateral acceleration, the pressure applied to the front brake lever, the lean, pitch and yaw angle, modulating the braking action in order to better guarantee the ratio between deceleration and stability. The new ABS system works in unison with the Aprilia RLM (Rear Liftup Mitigation) system that limits the lift of the rear wheel during more abrupt braking. Cornering ABS, fine tuned in accordance with Aprilia's specific indications, is adjustable to 3 levels of sensibility and can be switched off. Each of the three Cornering ABS maps can be combined with any of the three new engine maps (Sport, Track, Race), allowing riders with different experience and skill levels to find the best possible combination for their style. The three maps are “full power” and differ in the way they unload the 201 HP of which the Aprilia V4 is capable onto the asphalt, in addition to the percentage of engine brake dedicated to them.
The total revamping of the RSV4's electronics management is completed by the new colour TFT instrumentation, a true digital computer with exceptional display options. The two selectable screen pages (Road and Race, both with night and day backlighting) correspond to as many represented indexes. Standard equipment for the RSV4 RF (and optional for the RSV4 RR), there is a new version of the V4-MP, the Aprilia multimedia platform that lets you connect your smartphone to the vehicle via Bluetooth, introducing for the first time a true corner by corner electronic settings calibration system with data that can subsequently be downloaded to your laptop (or displayed directly on the smartphone) for analysis, just like they do at the races. The new V4-MP adds a new connection protocol that reduces smartphone battery consumption to a minimum, in addition to providing a larger range of circuits already mapped in which you can manage the electronic settings corner by corner, as well as user acquisition of a new circuit that is not in the list Aprilia has provided. V4-MP also includes the infotainment system, introduced by Aprilia for the first time on the new RSV4, to manage voice commands and incoming/outgoing telephone calls with your smartphone. These activities are also displayed and managed by the digital instrumentation.