APRC: from Aprilia, the cutting-edge in electronics
Aprilia RSV4 1000 RR and RSV4 1100 Factory are fitted with an exceptional dynamic controls package designed and patented by Aprilia. Each one of the two models benefits from a specific calibration of all the controls in line with the different performance levels the two bikes can boast. APRC (Aprilia Performance Ride Control) is the well known dynamic control suite derived directly from the winning technology in world Superbike, one of the most complete and refined currently available on the market. The particular positioning and orientation of the inertial platformthat governs the operation of the system allows for optimum possibilities of detecting the bike's dynamic conditions and, consequently, more effective electronic control strategies.
The fourth evolution of Aprilia's APRC is perfectly integrated with the electronic fine tuning guaranteed by the full Ride-by-Wire throttle control which is completely built-in and requires no other components for electronic throttle valve management.This provides clear benefits in terms of weight (compared to a traditional system, the savings can be quantified at 590 grams).
The APRC, which comes as standard equipment on the Aprilia RSV4 RR and RSV4 1100 Factory, includes:
- ATC: Aprilia Traction Control, adjustable on the fly (without having to release the throttle) to 8 settings thanks to a practical joystick, boasts high performance operating logic.
- AWC: Aprilia Wheelie Control,the wheelie control system that can be adjusted to 3 levels, has extremely precise operating strategies. Wheelie control can be adjusted on the fly without closing the throttle, like the ATC, thanks to the practical left side electric block.
- ALC: Aprilia Launch Control, for use on the track only, with 3 settings, uses highly effective operating strategies.
- AQS: Aprilia Quick Shift, the electronic gearbox that allows shifting without closing the throttle and without using the clutch, also equipped with the downshift function, to allow clutchless downshifting. Its open-throttle downshifting feature is exclusive.
- APL: Aprilia Pit Limiter, the system that lets you select and limit the top speed allowed in pit lane at the track or simply to make it easier to comply with posted speed limits on the road.
- ACC: Aprilia Cruise Control. Electronic management has allowed cruise control to be introduced, very convenient on longer trips because it lets you maintain the set speed without touching the throttle.
In addition to the fourth generation APRC system, RSV4 RR and Factory come from the factory standard with advanced multimap Cornering ABS, developed in collaboration with Bosch to guarantee not only extreme safety on the road, but also the best possible performance at the circuit. The 9.1 MP system, with truly contained weight and dimensions, is able to optimize braking and the ABS intervention in corners, thanks to a specific algorithm that constantly monitors various parameters such as lateral acceleration, the pressure applied to the front brake lever, the lean, pitch and yaw angle, modulating the braking action in order to better guarantee the ratio between deceleration and stability. The ABS system works in unison with the Aprilia RLM (Rear Liftup Mitigation) system that limits the lift of the rear wheel during more abrupt braking. Cornering ABS, fine tuned in accordance with Aprilia's specific indications, is adjustable to 3 levels of sensibility. Each of the three Cornering ABS maps can be combined with any of the three engine maps (Sport, Track, Race), allowing riders with different experience and skill levels to find the best possible combination for their style. The three maps are “full power” and differ in the way they unload the power onto the asphalt of which the Aprilia V4 is capable in the two available configurations (1000 cc for the RR and 1100 cc for the Factory), in addition to the percentage of engine brake dedicated to them.
The colour TFT instrumentation is a true digital computer with exceptional display features, now further improved thanks to increased brightness. The two selectable screen pages (Road and Race, both with night and day backlighting) correspond to as many represented indexes. Available as an accessory for both the RSV4 RF and the RSV4 1100 Factory is APRILIA MIA, the Aprilia multimedia platform that lets you connect your smartphone to the vehicle via Bluetooth, introducing for the first time a true corner by corner electronic settings calibration system with data that can subsequently be downloaded to your laptop (or displayed directly on the smartphone) for analysis, just like they do at the races. APRILIA MIA is characterised by a new connection protocol that reduces smartphone battery consumption to a minimum, in addition to providing a wide range of circuits already mapped in which you can manage the electronic settings corner by corner, as well as user acquisition of a new circuit that is not in the list Aprilia has provided. APRILIA MIA also includes the infotainment system, introduced by Aprilia for the first time on the RSV4, to manage voice commands and incoming/outgoing telephone calls with your smartphone. These activities are also displayed and managed by the digital instrumentation.