Originally developed for use in racing then fine-tuned for the road, the APRC system is an advanced electronic control solution. It is a total package designed to ensure safety on roads and improved performance on the track.
The RS 660 boasts the latest APRC (Aprilia Performance Ride Control) package of electronic controls. This advanced inertial six-axis navigation system uses internal gyroscopes and acceleration sensors to understand the engine’s status as it relates to the road in real time and provide instant adjustments to help improve performance and safety.
An evolution of a system that was designed for highest-level racing, the RS 660’s APRC package includes:
- ATC: Aprilia Traction Control, adjustable traction control based on precise, high-performance operating logic.
- AWC: Aprilia Wheelie Control
- ACC: Aprilia Cruise Control which maintains your set speed without touching the throttle.
- AQS: Aprilia Quick Shift, an electronic gear system that enables extremely fast gear shifts without closing the throttle or using the clutch. It also includes a downshift function for changing down without touching the clutch. Also available as an optional extra is a software that enables you to implement a reverse shift pattern without having to substitute any parts.
- AEB: Aprilia Engine Brake, for controlling engine braking when closing the throttle down.
- AEM: Aprilia Engine Map, with a range of different maps that vary engine power output and character.
- ABS: with cornering functionality and 3 adjustable levels