The Tuono V4 1100 range has received all the upgrades to the already exceptional APRC system that was first seen on the RSV4 RR and RSV4 RF.
As everyone knows, APRC (Aprilia Performance Ride Control) is the patented control systems package derived directly from the winning technology in the world Superbike championship, the most complete and refined of any on the market, which provides tire circumference self-calibration features and wheelie control. The third generation of APRC, standard equipment on the Tuono V4 1100 units, fully integrates with the fine full Ride-by-Wire multimap electronic management of the revamped V4 engine. As always, the Tuono V4 benefits from a specifically developed calibration, but it has been evolved even further in order to provide maximum thrills on the road and maximum performance on the track.
The Tuono V4 1100 RR and Tuono V4 1100 Factory APRC include:
- ATC: Aprilia Traction Control, adjustable on the fly, (without having to release the throttle) to 8 settings thanks to a practical joystick on the left side of the handlebar, now has even more fine tuned and higher performance operating logic. The percentage of slippage allowed also differs depending on the speed in the turn: the system's performance is smoother and guarantees high support in long sweepers at high speeds without penalising grip coming out of slow turns;
- AWC: Aprilia Wheelie Control,with 3 selectable settings, has been recalibrated to be even more sporty in map 1, whilst still guaranteeing a slight lift in quick acceleration and subsequent smoother descent of the front wheel to the tarmac;
- ALC: Aprilia Launch Control, the assisted starting system for use on the track only with 3 settings;
- AQS: Aprilia Quick Shift electronic gearbox for ultra-fast shifting without closing the throttle or using the clutch.
In addition to the third generation APRC, the Tuono V4 1100 range is fitted with the highly advanced Race ABS system, developed in collaboration with Bosch to guarantee maximum safety on the road, without sacrificing any performance on the track. The 9MP system, which weighs in at just 2 kg, uses an actuation strategy called RLM (Rear wheel Lift-up Mitigation) that, as the name suggests, mitigates rear wheel lift in more abrupt braking situations; it can also be disengaged and it is adjustable to three levels easily by accessing the control menu on the instrument cluster.
- Level 1: this is dedicated to track use but is also approved for street use. It acts on both wheels to guarantee the best possible performance, even in the most intense braking conditions at any speed. It takes nothing away from the pleasure and performance of “extreme” riding. With this strategy RLM is disabled.
- Level 2: this is dedicated to sport riding on the road, acts on both wheels and is combined with the RLM tip over system which engages progressively based on the vehicle speed.
- Level 3: this is dedicated to riding on surfaces with poor grip, acts on both wheels and is combined with the RLM tip over system.
Each of these three Race ABS maps can be combined with any of the three engine maps (Track, Sport, Race), in order to allow riders with different experience and skill levels to find the best possible combination for their style.